Teaching and Learning video features LIWOC Director Dr. Meshelemiah
Our mission is to foster the development of women students of color as leaders in the classroom, on The Ohio State University campus, and in their local and/or global communities.
In an effort to prepare the “whole” student leader, LIWOC's approach is 4 prong:
1. to offer access to leadership training
2. to assist in the broadening of networks
3. to offer enrichment activities that increase retention and graduation
4. to ensure access to and engagement in high impact practices
- Annual Legislative Conference ~ hosted by the Congressional Black Caucus in Washington DC [September 2019]
- Women's Retreat at Burr Oak State Park Lodge [February 14-16, 2020]
- Data Science for Women Summer Camp Luncheon: Middle School and High School Girls [July 2020]
- Ghana Study Abroad [March 2021 during Spring Break]
Ladies of Leadership
Ladies of Leadership is a student organization under the auspices of Leadership Initiatives for Women of Color . The women in this group provide upper-level undergraduate women an opportunity to mentor incoming women of color in reaching their academic and leadership aspirations. Embracing a strengths-based approach, the Ladies of Leadership create a supportive environment that fosters academic success, interpersonal growth and networking opportunities.