Our Scholars receive:
- Pre-college preparation through intensive college advising
- Group and one-on-one academic coaching and mentoring
- College planning tools and resources
- Academic, leadership, and social engagement at The Ohio State University
- Guided major and career exploration
- An opportunity to attend a world class research university with a generous scholarship
In particular, YSP seeks to:
- Enhance the academic preparation of Scholars for success at The Ohio State University.
- Increase the numbers of first-generation, low income targeted underrepresented students at The Ohio State University.
- Complement instruction offered during the academic year.
Connecting multiple levels of education, each year, YSP assists over 1,000 students state-wide, including 700 students in grades 8-12 and 350 undergraduate students, serving as a stepping stone for success at Ohio State and beyond.
What YSP Means to Me
Making a Difference
"YSP has given many first generation students, including myself, an opportunity to make a difference not only in our own lives but also the lives of our loved ones and our communities. Since the 6th grade, I have been a part of this program. I knew then that I had to work diligently in order to obtain my scholarship. Little did I know upon my initial induction, YSP cares about our academic achievements, personal development and well-being.”
Opening Multiple Doors
"What the Young Scholars Program has done for me and my fellow scholars exceeds description. It is because of this program that I will be attending the Ohio State University this upcoming fall tuition free. This program has opened multiple doors for me and has truly been the stepping stone I needed to complete my career goals. The Young Scholars Program is by far the most rewarding program I have ever been apart of and I would be at a loss without it.”
Affording Me Opportunities
"Young Scholars has afforded me opportunities that I never thought possible. I am a strong believer in this program. It is important that it keeps giving younger generations the same opportunities. I am a graduating Senior in Visual Communication Design, I have traveled to Brazil and in April, Taiwan and Tokyo. I would not be here at The Ohio State University if it were not for the Young Scholars Program.”
Reaching My Dreams
"The Young Scholars Program has not only supplied me with a future education, but also with the confidence and integrity to strive for my dreams, no matter how big or radical they may be. And for that, I can not thank them enough!”