McNair Scholars Summer Visit
Each summer, the Office of Diversity and Inclusions plays host to visiting McNair Scholars to offer a variety of services to assist Scholars as they continue to explore their post-baccalaureate aspirations and with applying for graduate programs at The Ohio State University.
In efforts to remain dedicated to your health, safety and well-being, The Ohio State University has decided to discontinue all in-person, on-campus activities until July 6th, which directly impacts this visit. The Office of Diversity and Inclusion is now offering a McNair Scholars VIRTUAL Visit*. While Scholars may not be able to visit campus in-person right now, they can still experience what it means to be a Buckeye. ODI will curate an experience that mirrors, as closely as possible, what has been offered in the past (i.e. greetings, graduate student insights, academic unit meetings, funding opportunities, and tour).
SAVE THE DATE!
Annual McNair Scholars Virtual Visit
June 15, 2020
9:00am - 1:00pm
[Note: There will be a couple virtual breaks throughout the program]
THE OHIO STATE MCNAIR SCHOLARS VIRTUAL VISIT WILL INCLUDE*:
- OSU Graduate & Professional Student Panel Discussion
- OSU Grad/Prof Academic Unit Virtual Visits
- OSU Administrator's Roundtable with McNair Directors/Staff
- Graduate School Session - Getting Admitted & Funding Your Graduate Experience at OSU
- Self-Guided OSU Virtual Campus Tours (optional)
*You will also hear from several key administrators, faculty and staff during this half day visit.
WHY THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY'S MCNAIR SCHOLARS VIRTUAL VISIT?
- Gain invaluable experience in the academic unit of their choosing, at one of the largest and most comprehensive institutions of higher education, with personal attention to their inquiries, interacting with faculty, staff and students.
- Acquire crucial information about the admissions process, fellowships and other funding opportunities available at The Graduate School.
- Gain personal insights from current graduate and professional students about their research projects, their academic programs, and life on campus and in the larger OSU/Columbus community in which they reside.
- Experience a self-guided interactive tour of significant places at the Columbus campus, including the Ohio Union, Thompson Library and RPAC, to name a few.
*After the conclusion of the virtual visit on June 15, web access to major components of this program will remain available to view until July 16, but will not include the individual academic unit visits.
McNair Scholars and their Directors are strongly encouraged to REGISTER by clicking on the link below and join us for the scheduled virtual visit on June 15, 2020. It will greatly enhance the information available here online and allow you direct access to key faculty, staff and current graduate and professional students.
For additional info contact:
Colby A. Taylor | firstname.lastname@example.org