McNair Scholars Summer Visit
Each summer, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion plays host to visiting McNair Scholars to offer a variety of services to assist Scholars as they continue to explore their post-baccalaureate aspirations and with applying for graduate programs at The Ohio State University.
In efforts to reach a greater number of McNair Scholar programs across the U.S. including Puerto Rico, The Ohio State University McNair Scholars Visit will be hosted by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, in collaboration with the Graduate School and Graduate/Professional Admissions, in a virtual format. Through this visit, scholars will be able to uniquely experience what it means to be a Buckeye. ODI will curate an event that mirrors, as closely as possible, what has been offered in the past in-person version of the visit (i.e. greetings, graduate student insights, academic unit meetings, funding opportunities, and tour).
McNair Scholars Virtual Program
The Ohio State McNair Scholars visit will include:
- Ohio State Graduate & Professional Student Panel Discussion
- Ohio State Grad/Prof Academic Unit Virtual Visits
- Ohio State Administrator's Roundtable with McNair Directors/Staff
- Graduate School Session - Getting Admitted & Funding Your Graduate Experience at Ohio State
- Self-Guided Ohio State Virtual Campus Tours (optional)
You will also hear from several key administrators, faculty and staff during this half day visit.
Why The Ohio State University's McNair Scholars virtual visit?
- Gain invaluable experience in the academic unit of their choosing, at one of the largest and most comprehensive institutions of higher education, with personal attention to their inquiries, interacting with faculty, staff and students.
- Acquire crucial information about the admissions process, fellowships and other funding opportunities available at The Graduate School.
- Gain personal insights from current graduate and professional students about their research projects, their academic programs, and life on campus and in the larger OSU/Columbus community in which they reside.
- Experience a self-guided interactive tour of significant places at the Columbus campus, including the Ohio Union, Thompson Library and RPAC, to name a few.
For additional info contact:
Colby A. Taylor | email@example.com
If you have a disability and require accommodations to fully participate in this activity, please send an email to Colby A. Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted by someone from our staff to discuss your specific needs.