Serving as a Bridge to the Columbus Campus
The ODI Campus Change Program paves the way not only to the Columbus Campus but also to an instrumental baccalaureate degree from The Ohio State University. On this journey, students gain valuable information and skills that foster academic excellence and post-baccalaureate success.
– Robert Decatur
The Mission of the Campus Change Program is to enhance the diversity of the intellectual community at the Ohio State Columbus campus by providing underrepresented Campus Change students with academic, personal, and career support services that facilitate student success and a seamless transition to the Columbus campus.
Through the Campus Change Program, students receive various support services that facilitate academic success en route to a baccalaureate degree. These services include retention counseling, tutoring, study skills development workshops, and peer mentoring. Students are selected annually and are recognized as a cohort. As a part of this cohort, participants are encouraged to inspire and support one another.
Who is eligible?
Eligible students must . . .
- Be enrolled at one of the following regional campuses: Lima, Mansfield, Marion or Newark OR plan to transfer from another university/college to the Ohio State University Columbus Campus
- Identify with at least one of the following underrepresented ethnic groups: African-African American, American Indian, Appalachian, Asian/Pacific Islander, Latino/Hispanic American
- Have earned at least 30 (Semester)/45 (Quarter) credit hours by the end of the Spring Semester/Quarter preceding the Autumn Semester of enrollment on the Columbus Campus
- Plan to enroll full-time at the Ohio State Columbus Campus for Fall Semester
Highlighted Program Services
- Success Coaching
- Study Skills Development
- Peer Mentoring
- Post Baccalaureate Preparation
- Campus Visitation Day
- Academic Monitoring & Intervention Plans
- Leadership Development
Did you know . . .
- Each year, approximately 1,650 Campus Change students make a transition to the Columbus campus.
- Approximately 1/3 of all Ohio State students who graduate each year started off as Transfer or Campus Change students.
- Nearly 1/3 of all Ohio State freshmen start their academic careers at one of the five regional campuses.
Please contact Ralph Cochran, at Cochran.email@example.com or 614/247-8969.