YSP application deadline was 2/10/17.
The Young Scholars Program was accepting applications for Ohio Students grades 8 through 11. Only students from the following Ohio school districts are eligible for acceptance to the Young Scholars Program:*
- Akron Public Schools
- Canton City Schools
- Cincinnati Public Schools
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District
- Columbus City Schools
- Dayton Public Schools
- Lorain City Schools
- Toledo Public Schools
- Youngstown City Schools
*Students must be attending a public school in one of the listed districts at the time of application and admission to the Young Scholars Program.
Program Eligibility: 8th – 11th graders
To be eligible for the Young Scholars Program, all applicants must:
- Have a strong desire and motivation to enroll in and graduate from a 4-year college or university
- Have an interest in attending The Ohio State University and residing on campus in Columbus, OH during their 1st and 2nd years
- Be currently enrolled in 8th grade and entering 9th grade in fall 2017
- Maintain a minimum, unweighted grade point average of 3.3 or above*
- Have earned grades of all or mostly A’s (with few B’s and C’s) in core academic subjects
- Demonstrate good school attendance and positive behavior
- Reside in the state of Ohio and be enrolled in a public school
- Qualify as first generation
- Be at or below the household income maximum
- Commit to successful completion of a college prep curriculum in high school
*Students with a 3.5 GPA or above are preferred and will be the strongest candidates.
Complete applications must be submitted by Friday, February 10, 2017.
To gain access to Young Scholar applications material:
- Click on the links to the right of this page;
- Contact the YSP Program Coordinator for your city; or
- Request application materials by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be submitted by mail (with all application materials in a large manila envelope) or in person to the YSP staff member in your city, (see the last page of the Frequently Asked Questions for a listing of YSP Program Coordinators), or via email (with application, essay and other documents attached electronically) to email@example.com.
Still have questions?
Call us at 614/292-4884 or vis email at firstname.lastname@example.org.