Requesting Tutor Appointments
Note: The ability to accommodate a tutoring request is based on tutoring offerings, tutor availability, and student demand. A request does not guarantee an appointment.
- First, review the Course Offerings Table updated at the start of each semester and posted on the ODI Tutoring Program Carmen page. If a course is not listed but very similar to one that is, you may still submit a request noting this information in the request box. We will schedule an appointment if a tutor can assist, and notify you if no one is able to.
- Submit appointment requests 3-5 business days in advance to allow program staff time to schedule, confirm, and prepare for appointments. ODI administrative offices are closed on weekends. Therefore, requests submitted after Tuesday may not be scheduled until the following week. Tutors do not work on university designated holidays, breaks, or during final exams.
- Appointment Request Instructions:
- Log into OnCourse (www.go.osu.edu/oncourse). On the homepage, click “Schedule Appointment.”
- Select “Request Appointment Time” on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Select “ODI” as the care unit, select “ODI Tutoring,” select your preferred location, and then select the desired course for tutoring.
- Enter ALL of your availability for tutoring. This includes mornings, evenings, between classes, and Sundays. Our office will refer to this availability in trying to schedule your appointment, so the more options you provide, the greater the likelihood of accommodating your request.
- Hours of Operation: M-Th 9am-9pm, Fr 9am-5pm, & Su 12pm-5pm. No Saturday appointments. Tutor availability varies within these hours.
- Confirm and submit your appointment request. A staff member will schedule it within 1-3 business days.
- You may visit the ODI Tutoring Program Carmen page for a more detailed version of these instructions with screenshots.
- Weekly Appointments:
- You must complete your first appointment with a tutor before you can request a weekly appointment with them.
- To request a weekly appointment, follow the request instructions above, as well as write in “weekly appointment,” your specific tutor, the session day, and time in the request box. If you do not request a weekly appointment within three days of the original appointment, the slot will be made available for others to request.
- No Tutor Available/Resubmit: If we are unable to match your request, you will be notified via email.