ODI Strategic Road Map
Six Areas of Focus
- Improve student success by supporting the recruitment, retention, and outcomes of underrepresented students.
- Foster student success through skill development, a sense of belonging and access to opportunity.
- Focus on pipeline programs, outreach programs and our signature programs to ensure the recruitment, retention and development of underrepresented students.
- From well-being to financial support to academic enrichment, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion will serve as exemplar to supporting student success.
- Develop partnerships and tools to help recruit, retain and build a community of diverse and inclusive faculty.
- Support academic units in the recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive community of experts.
- Use collaboration models, educational tools and increase communication to provide pre-hire and post-hire support.
- In addition, we will encourage community-building through a series of events that support onboarding, training and networking.
- ODI will continue to contribute to implicit bias training, support faculty research in the field, and advance diversity, equity and inclusion goals in higher education.
- Formalize and implement a people plan that increases collaboration, develops employee skills and retains talent.
- Develop a work culture that enhances efficiency, increases productivity, supports wellness and promotes professional development.
- To achieve this goal, we will establish a people plan, which includes onboarding, performance management, training, recognition, succession planning and an organizational pattern of administration.
- The Office of Diversity and Inclusion will continue to celebrate individual and team successes in an intentional manner.
- Leverage resources to expand engagement, strengthen storytelling and cultivate gifts to fund the mission.
- Increase philanthropic support from alumni, corporations, foundations and partners of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Growth in this arena will be a direct result of improved relationship-building.
- To achieve success, we will leverage ODI's 50-year history to tell the story of progress and share our vision for the future.
- We plan to strengthen alumni communication and instill shared ownership in development efforts to increase support for the diversity, equity and inclusion mission.
- Strengthen operations and resource stewardship to foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Align people and financial resources with the focus areas outlined in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Roadmap.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency. Incorporate standard operating procedures and fiscal planning.
- Continue to support programs providing the highest impact.
- Explore, invest and train in new technologies, both hardware and software, to function effectively in the online and virtual world.
- Grow diversity, equity and inclusion leaders and be local, regional and national exemplars that serve the community
- Be a champion of diversity, equity and inclusion leadership. Increase Office of Diversity and Inclusion's thought leadership and advocacy at Ohio State and in higher education.
- Be a primary resource and a catalyst for DEI innovation.
- Engage with community leaders and national organizations in diversity and inclusion practices.
- Build the diversity and inclusion leadership pipeline through training, workshops and mentoring programs.
- Teach leaders to carry this work forward in the community, across the state and nationwide.