What is The Morrill Scholarship Program?
The Morrill Scholarship Program (MSP) is Ohio State's premiere diversity/merit scholarship program, rewarding academically talented students who are actively engaged in diversity-based leadership, service and social justice activities. Morrill Scholars are eager to serve as student ambassadors and champions of scholarship and diversity. MSP provides full tuition scholarships to incoming freshmen throughout Ohio and the United States, while in the process, enhancing Ohio State's diversity.
The Morrill Scholarship has three award levels
Distinction: Equals the value of the cost of attendance for both Ohio residents and nonresidents
Prominence: Equals the value of in-state tuition plus the nonresident surcharge for nonresidents
Excellence: Equals the value of in-state tuition for Ohio residents
*All Scholarships are renewable for eight semesters
One of Ohio State's premier scholarship programs, the Morrill Scholarship is awarded on a competitive basis to students admitted to the Columbus campus for the autumn semester following high school graduation. MSP seeks academically exceptional high school seniors who will:
- serve as student ambassadors and champions of scholarship and diversity
- actively engage in diversity-based leadership, service and social justice activities
MSP students are eligible to participate in:
- Diversity and inclusion themed workshops, lectures and service projects
- Graduate and professional school preparation courses and guidance
- Mentoring and tutoring to support your academic success
- Morrill Scholars Early Arrival Program
- ODI outreach and engagement projects on campus and in the community
- ODI leadership and service courses for credit toward the Leadership Minor
- Optional housing in the MSP Learning Community in Blackburn House
- Service trips and travel abroad opportunities
University Honors & Scholars
Over 80 percent of Morrill Scholarship recipients are also University Honors and Scholars students. The Morrill Scholarship Program, also referred to as the Morrill Scholars Program (MSP) and the ODI Scholars Program, are both separate from the University Honors and Scholars Center at Ohio State. Thus, students involved with MSP and ODI Scholars are also able to participate in programs connected to the University Honors and Scholars Center.
Learn more about the University Honors Program and the 17 theme-based Scholars Programs here.
The Morrill Scholars Program is Ohio State's premiere diversity leadership scholarship program. With over 1,400 Scholars, we represent a wide array of cultures, backgrounds, and academic interests with a shared goal of infusing the campus with a celebration of and appreciation for diversity and inclusion. As social justice advocates, Morrill Scholars actively engage in civic engagement and advocacy through the MSP Learning Community, lead meaningful dialogue and discussions through the MSP Documentary Film Series, and share their innovative thoughts and ideas related to diversity and social justice activism and academic excellence through their topic-based MSP Teams.