Become a LASER Hub Coordinator
LASER offers graduate and advanced undergraduate students the opportunity to become a coordinator for one of our Hubs throughout Columbus.
As a coordinator, you will work with another graduate or advanced undergraduate student to run weekly college-readiness meetings either at select high schools or libraries throughout Columbus. The college-readiness meetings usually run for an hour each week. While there is a general program that LASER Hub Coordinators follow for the academic year, there is also flexibility within this program in order for the Hub to work organically with the respective Latinx high school population.
LASER Hub Coordinators are competitively selected based on accomplished work of the highest distinction and on the promise of further outstanding achievements in the areas of diversity and inclusion.
LASER Hub Coorinators receive financial support.
- LASER Hub Coordinators receive letters of recommendation.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Current OSU Undergraduate or Graduate student
- Must be eligible for a 10% FTE graduate appointment. Total FTE of other graduate and fellowship appointments combined must not exceed 65%. (Some fellowships prohibit appointments outside of the fellowship.)
- Background checks (paid for by LASER): Since you will be working with students under the age of 18, per Ohio State University policies, you will need to complete some very easy and quick paperwork.
- Minors Policy: Read and sign
- Attend LASER Hub Coordinator Meetings and training
- Co-coordinate a LASER Hub once a week for 1-2 hours during academic year
- Attend one or several of LASER’s yearly events and workshops, including FAFSA Night, SOL-CON: Brown and Black Comics Expo, or Latino Role Models Day.
Central Crossing High School
Columbus Global Academy
New Hubs Fall 2017
Westland High School
Miflin High School
For more information, please contact LASER Director, Dr. Aldama at: email@example.com