Graduate/Professional Student Recruitment Initiative
The Graduate/Professional Student Recruitment Initiative (GPS) is The Ohio State University’s premier diversity recruitment program for students considering post-baccalaureate studies at Ohio State. The program helps to contribute to the ethnic, cultural and academic diversity of Ohio State’s Graduate School and Professional Colleges.
Applying for GPS
To qualify for an invitation to attend:*
- Be a rising senior eligible to graduate by June 2018
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Demonstrate serious consideration to attend Ohio State
Submit the GPS application including:
- One unofficial transcript
A short statement (250 words or less) indicating your research and/or professional interests and why you want to pursue these interests at Ohio State
One letter of support from a faculty member
Competitive applicants for this program will have a GPA of 3.5 or higher for all college work, be a participant of one of the targeted pipeline programs, or be nominated by an Ohio State academic unit. However, all applicants with a 3.0 or above GPA will be given consideration.
Final invite decisions will be made by Ohio State University departments. Students will receive decision notification via email.
*Depending on the individual academic unit review process, you may receive your invite decision as early as two weeks following your GPS application submission or as late as one week following the GPS application deadline (September 22).
All questions regarding GPS should be directed via email to email@example.com or via phone at 614-292-8236.
GPS program includes:
- Departmental visits with faculty members, administrators and graduate/professional students
- Workshops regarding essential Graduate/Professional school components
- Meals according to the GPS schedule
- Hotel accommodation at the Blackwell Inn on the Ohio State campus
- Up to a $250 honorarium (Honorarium may be used to recoup some or all of your expense for travel to Ohio State for GPS; students from local [Columbus area] universities are not eligible for this honorarium)
Download the GPS 2017 flyer (Click here)
Download the GPS 2017 application form (Click here)