for Childhood Arrivals
How to Navigate the Process
of Applying for Admission
If you have DACA approval or you are in the process of seeking DACA approval, follow these instructions.
No prior university experience post high school graduation
1) On the Citizenship subsection of the Profile section of the Common Application:
- Select “Other (Non-US)” when you are asked to select your citizenship status
- List your country of citizenship
- For the question “Do you currently hold a valid U.S. Visa?” select No
- When asked to indicate the type of visa you will apply for, select “I do not intend to apply for a U.S. visa”
2) After you complete the Common Application questions and move on to the Ohio State supplemental questions, under the General subsection:
- Answer "Yes" to the question, “Do you have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) or are you in the process of seeking DACA approval?”
Transferring from another college or university
On the application, complete the following:
- Select your country of citizenship, then complete the appropriate fields for country, state, and city of birth
- Under Citizenship Statu,s select “None of These”
- Under Visa/Immigration information, select the last option “I have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) or I am in the process of seeking DACA approval”
Graduate and professional student applicants
If you are applying to a graduate or professional degree program, full instructions are available here: https://gpadmissions.osu.edu/apply/daca.html
For questions, contact Jennifer Marinello, Associate Director, Office of Graduate & Professional Admissions at email@example.com or (614) 292-9444.
- The Office of Enrollment Services will send you a notice that your application has been received. You will be given an Ohio State Username, OSU ID, and instructions for monitoring the status of your application.
- If you have questions regarding your application contact, Undergraduate Admissions at (614) 292-3980 or Graduate and Professional Admissions at (614) 292-9444.
- If you are admitted, contact the Office of the University Registrar (OUR) at (614) 292-9330 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss residency classification for tuition purposes. When you contact OUR, mention that you are a DACA student who has been admitted and ask for a residency counselor. You will need to provide documentation of DACA approval, Form I-821D. Note that DACA status only provides an opportunity to be considered for Ohio residency if other factors have been met, such as financial support and domicile in Ohio.