External Events and Activities Sponsorship
Definition of External Sponsorships
“External Sponsorships” means financial or in-kind support provided to external causes and events that align with the mission and goals of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI).
ODI understands the value of supporting community endeavors. Sponsorship by ODI signals the unit’s support for a non-profit organization or non-profit activity that aligns with our mission of advocating for diversity and inclusion in higher education and social justice for underserved communities in Ohio.
Sponsorship proposals are evaluated against the following criteria:
- Sponsorship supports ODI’s Mission, Strategic Plan, Community Development Partnerships, and Marketing and Communication strategic plans.
- Sponsorship supports ODI’s profile as a leader in the Columbus community.
- Requesting organization is a non-profit, 5013C OR proposed event is a non-profit activity.
- Sponsorship provides concrete benefits that are of value to ODI.
- Sponsorship promotes or enhances the relationship between ODI and other organizations that advocate for diversity and inclusion.
- Sponsorship promotes outreach to a community or organization audience that will lead to future partnerships or collaborations that will contribute to ODI’s mission.
- Sponsorship provides positive exposure (media coverage and community visibility) for the ODI brand.
- Availability of funding and resources.
In order to request funding, organizations must submit a comprehensive proposal that includes the following:
- Description of organization
- Description and history of the event or activity to be sponsored
- Anticipated impact
- Sponsorship levels available, including a list of title or other major partners
- Sponsorship benefits (e.g. ad, website and/or program recognition, reserved tickets or event seating, etc.)
- Demographics of audience for event or activity and expected attendance
- Existing contact or connection with ODI, if applicable
- Date of event and deadline for sponsorship decision
- Contact name, title, address, phone, e-mail
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion will not support:
- School levy campaigns
- Requests that benefit an individual person or family
- Political candidates or organizations
We make the majority of our sponsorship decisions within the first quarter of the fiscal year. Organizations are encouraged to submit proposals well in advance of the proposed event.
Proposals should be submitted by e-mail (preferred) to Dr. Tayo Clyburn at email@example.com or by mail to:
Dr. Tayo Clyburn
Executive Director for Mission and Strategic Partnerships
The Ohio State University
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
154 W 12th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210