2023 Jesse Owens 5K & 1 Mile Race
Saturday, October 14, 2023 | 11:00 a.m.
North Bank Park | 311 W Long St | Columbus, OH 43215
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion is once again a proud supporter of the Jesse Owens 5K & 1 Mile, part of the Nationwide Children's Hospital Columbus Marathon and ½ Marathon weekend of events and sponsored by Park National Bank.
The JO5K and 1 Mile is open to anyone to participate and will continue to focus on honoring the legacy of Olympic and Buckeye great, Jesse Owens, while supporting the increased health and wellness efforts of Columbus' Black community. The event is now a timed 5K run/walk for ages 12 and up, with an untimed 1-Mile fun run/walk for ages 6 and older.
This year, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion will again be sponsoring 100 ODI Scholars for the Jesse Owens 5K & 1 Mile. Please see below for instructions on how to register via RunSignup so that registration fees will be automatically COMPED at the checkout stage.
- If you have a RunSignup account already, log in
- If you do not have a RunSignup account, you may create one OR continue to register as a guest
- Begin the registration process, following each step until you reach the payment page
- PLEASE NOTE: Your complimentary registration includes only your registration fees. If you select additional services, such as medal engraving, race day packet pickup for the Marathon or ½ Marathon, or merchandise from our online store, you will be charged for those items only
- When you reach the payment page, you will see a “Payment Summary” on the upper right side of the page
- At the bottom of the Payment Summary, you will see a box marked “Coupon Code”
- In that box, enter this code: ODI-JO5K-100
- Then click “Apply”
- Your cost will be discounted to $0 if you registered only for the race
- Your cost will be discounted by the price of the race if you ordered additional services or merchandise
- Next, click “Complete Registration”
Congratulations! We look forward to seeing you in October!