Morrill Scholars Program
The Ohio State University is strongly committed to creating a diverse campus that is inclusive of all community members. The Morrill Scholars Program (MSP) offers scholarships and educational enrichment opportunities to academically exceptional students who are actively engaged in diversity-based leadership and service.
To receive priority consideration
On the Common Application, indicate interest in MSP and complete the MSP essay. Be sure to include leadership and diversity involvement on the Activity List. Submit the application and all required application materials by November 1. Apply to Ohio State: apply.osu.edu
Benefits of the program
The MSP is offered at three levels, renewable for eight semesters:
Distinction: For both Ohio residents and nonresidents, equals the value of the cost of attendance
Prominence: For nonresidents, equals the value of in-state tuition plus the nonresident surcharge
Excellence: For Ohio residents, equals the value of in-state tuition
In additional to financial awards, MSP recipients become part of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) Scholars Program.
This program offers enrichment opportunities such as:
• Early arrival program for Distinction recipients
• Optional housing within the ODI Scholars Learning Community
• Service trips and study abroad opportunities (last year’s ODI scholars went to Brazil)
• Diversity-themed workshops, lectures and projects
• Mentoring and tutoring to support your academic success
• Opportunities to take part in ODI outreach and engagement projects on campus and in the community
• ODI leadership and service courses for credit
• Graduate and professional school preparation
Honors & Scholars
Almost 40 percent of MSP recipients take part in Ohio State’s Honors and Scholars Programs. Learn more about Honors and the 17 theme-based Scholars programs at honors-scholars.osu.edu.