A great resource, whether looking for a position at your institution or others, funding, developing a research proposal, or presenting/publishing your work, is the Undergraduate Research Office at The Ohio State University's website.
Finding Research Positions
Below are a few sites that may lead you to explore research opportunities available both in the United States and abroad.
- National Institutes of Health Laboratories
- National Science Foundation Laboratories
- National Science Foundation: LSAMP — Organization for Tropical Studies Research Experience for Undergraduates
- Pathways to Science
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
- Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP)
- The Leadership Alliance: Summer Research Early Identification Program
- Additional opportunities:Many institutions will post research positions available at their institution through their university website. If you are interested in doing research at a particular institution, be sure to browse that institution's website for available opportunities. You can also Discover Research Opportunities at the Undergraduate Research Office at The Ohio State University.
Developing Your Own Research Study
If you are developing your own research, the following guide will help you from beginning to consider your own study through presenting a research conference.
Funding Your Research
Most summer research positions are funded. However, if you are designing your own research grant it is important to look at your institution's funding resources. Below are some examples of resources at The Ohio State University that may be wise to look into at your institution.
- Academic Colleges — Check your college's student/career services office to see if there is funding available for undergraduate student research.
- Critical Difference for Women Grants
- Faculty Research — Sometimes, faculty researches have a limited amount of funds to support undergraduate research assistants. Contact faculty doing research in your area of interest to setup an informational interview.
- Office of Diversity & Inclusion Grants
- Second-Year Transformational Experience Program
- Undergraduate Research Office Grants
- Undergraduate Student Government — Academic Enrichment Grants
- University Honors & Scholars Student Enrichment Grants